Minecraft Update To 1.3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by _Ultima_, 31/7/12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Management

_Ultima_ Management

Stop! (hammer time)

If you want to continue playing on the minecraft server don't update your minecraft to 1.3.
    The server isn't ready for 1.3 yet.

Players that did update to 1.3 can't connect to the server untill the server is on 1.3.
    There will be a anncountment when the server (and the new world) will be ready.

The online minecraft will not auto-update untill the server is ready.
    It's uncertain if you can still download 1.2.5 from the online version when 1.3 is out.
    • RainHabits New Member

For all of you who want to switch between the two, I am putting up version 1.2.5 of minecraft at this link (just because I lav u gaiz).

You can check it, it's clean.

If you want to learn how to switch between the two, it's very easy.
      All you have to do is rename it to something other than "minecraft.jar". It can be anything. Then the one that is called "minecraft.jar" is the version that will be run. It's that simple. When you want to switch back, do the opposite.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e8np3s1669yqv8l
      sidewinder1997 and Zannie88 like this.
      • sidewinder1997 New Member

new server? are you getting rid of the old one?
        Zannie88 likes this.
        • Management

_Ultima_ Management

The map is going to be resetted and the new minecraft 1.3 will be running on it.
        Zannie88 and sidewinder1997 like this.
        • sidewinder1997 New Member

so will every thing i built be gone?
          Zannie88 and AirForce17Swagg like this.
          • Lava OP

Merpology Lava OP

Thats what happens with every reset.
          Zannie88 and sidewinder1997 like this.
          • liveforfun101 New Member

Cant wait for the new update and the reset :Dalso theres a lot of fun stuff in 1.3.:)
            • Head OP

Lyss Head OP

Oh great I managed to screw up the whole "switching between 1.3 and 1.2.5" thing so now when I load 1.2.5 the bar only loads like 3/4 the way >.< Ah well... Hurry up and reset server! :D
            • dustor7689 New Member

I might have a stroke from the anticipation of waiting :D
              Zannie88 likes this.
              • joshhawaii Active member

Server will reset once the plugin makers finish updating their plugins to 1.3 and Bukkit releases a stable build.
                • dustor7689 New Member

Hopefully it won't take too long :p
                  • kylethegreat01 New Member

i agree
                    • Jayydon New Member

:D Can you estimate when the server will be ready again :confused:
                      • Head OP

Lyss Head OP

AHA YAY! Fixed :D Wow I love 1.3 :) cocoa beans in the jungle? cocoa plants? AWESOME! More cookie for me!!
                      oh and nah, message me, i can help you fix the problem i hope! :)
                      • Zannie88 New Member

can anybody give me a full guide how to update to 1.3
                        • Warren1001 Banned

There is no estimated date currently, unless something has changed that I haven't heard of yet.
                          Ultima has to wait for the stable version of bukkit to come out and the plugins to update with 1.3.1
                          • Head OP

Lyss Head OP

Umm I might be able to help kind of?

So to first open the minecraft folder. If you don't know how to do that, you might have to google it :S

So if you've downloaded the 1.2.5 from the link that RainHabits posted (thanks Rain), good. if u havent, go do it :p http://www.mediafire.com/?e8np3s1669yqv8l

Now open ur your minecraft foder and go into the folder called 'bin'. from there you should see a file called minecraft or .minecraft, it varies on different pcs.

All you have to do is rename the 1.2.5 downloaded version to the same name as the one in 'bin', so if the one in bin is called 'minecraft' rename the downloaded .jar file and call it 'minecraft' Pop that renamed on into the bin folder and take the other file out (i think you need to rename that something else) Keep the one you just removed from bin, stick on the desktop or somewhere easily accessible.

Voila! 1.2.5 :) When u want to go to 1.3, just rename both files (swap the names around and put the other version in back into the bin folder :) Hope this helps! Sorry if its a bit confusing :S

also just incase you dont know how to rename, just right click on the file and click rename and when i say "take the file out" just drag it.
                          • RainHabits New Member

Thread Status:
                          Not open for further replies.