Shops In Survival

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by _Ultima_, 15/5/12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Management

_Ultima_ Management

I have seen alot of shops that either make you sell a diamond for $1 or let you buy a useless item for alot of money.

Shops are supposed to be fun and not for spamming / abusing.
    If this continues i will set special rights for people who can use them.

Delete your shop if:
    • it contains unreasonable prices
    • it isn't in your claim (or trusted claim)
    • is everywhere (spam)
    • joshhawaii Active member

You might want to also consider a way to make people stop merching off everyone. (As in buying up all items from everyone and selling them for super high prices)
      • Management

_Ultima_ Management

Thats economy.

True but over time it will completely ruin the economy and one person will have close to all of the power. As you've see people have been creating farms of items that sell for huge prices to the system so they have close to an unlimited supply of money.
        • Management

_Ultima_ Management

I saw that to, i was thinking to disable /sell.
        You can only sell trough shops then.

The only problem to disabling /sell is that their would be a set amount of money in circulation then and no more will be put in. To solve it you would either have to implement jobs created by the system that pay out money or something of a bot that goes around and buys from stores occasionally.
          • Management

_Ultima_ Management

There is enough money in the world right about now ;)

The thing about disabling /sell that I see is that people with money will have all the power thus giving new players to the smp server close to no chance. If you do plan on dissabling /sell you better do it now before people gain too much money from their farms or such.

Another possible solution would be only make ores like iron, gold, and diamond sellable to the server.
              • Akos115 Member

I saw a lot of people placing shop around the spawn.It not just annoying becuase you can't see anything, but i also have a very low FPS because of it ( well im not sure that this is the reason why i have low FPS there ) .This makes trading with other people harder, because everybody usually trades at the spawn.
                • Management

_Ultima_ Management

@joshhawaii I will think of something.

I noticed on my laptop the spawn was laggy to.
                • lrckj Member

please dont take away the /sell command >.< i only have a shop near akos house the eggs i sell are $2 the rotten flesh i sell is $1 my arrows are $2 oh and lately i have seen lots of sell diamond thingys around spawn it was kind of annoying
                  • Lava OP

InnovationWarp Lava OP

Someone should get those $1 shops cleaned up
                  • Management

_Ultima_ Management

I will remove those tonight, together with all this money..

It will come back but i will change/remove alot of items that you can sell.
                  • And1One Lava OP

Maybe you should make it so that shops can only be in said player's claimed land, or have a set marketplace near the spawn. Also, you could set a cap on item prices. ;)
                  Thread Status:
                  Not open for further replies.